Virtual Conference Platform
The conference will embrace existing and new technologies and present sessions December 8-9 from 10:30 - 17:030 (Eastern) daily.
The Virtual conference platform will allow participants to:
- Stream live sessions and connect with speakers via online polls and live Q&A.
- Interact with other participants directly and share contact information.
- Connect with attendees, sponsors and exhibitors via 1:1 chat or in small groups.
- Take note directly in the platform to export or print following the session.
- Export session notes and contacts that participants meet in the platform.
Only registered participants will have access to the virtual conference platform, post-conference recordings and presentation gallery.
The only equipment necessary for participants is an electronic device with an internet connection. The virtual platform works on computers, tablets and smartphones. The platform is optimized for viewing using Chrome but will work in other browsers such as Mozilla and Firefox Edge.
Your internet connection needs to be at minimum, 5mb upload and 5mb download. Perform a speed test to identify your internet upload and download speeds.
The virtual conference will feature many of the same program elements as the planned in-person event. Participants will be able to ask questions and up-vote other questions. Presenters will be able to answer verbally during the live session.
- Plenary sessions will be live streamed and feature either a keynote address or a panel discussion with a live question and answer period.
- Symposiums and will be live streamed or feature pre-recorded presentations and a live question and answer period.
- Workshops will be live streamed and use audience engagement tools such live polling, breakout rooms, and question and answer periods to engage the audience in an interactive session.
- Oral presentations will be comprised of pre-recorded presentations and a live question and answer period.
As the Canadian Immunization Conference welcomes participants from all over the country, we want to ensure participants are engaged and avoid screen fatigue. Sessions are presented from 10:30 - 17:30 (Eastern) daily.
We understand that networking is an important part of conference participation and our virtual conference platform allows for the interaction of all registered participants and presenters through the networking space. The networking space will allow participants to:
- See a list of all registered participants and initiate conversations; and
- Create a private chat with up to four other participants.