Work with us
There are no employment opportunities at this time.
We engage post-secondary students for practicums that are supported by their academic institutions or by other institutions or funders that host students in programs related to their academic studies.
Practicum at the Association become available based on our project and program activities or on-going initiatives, and depend on available resources to support students.
These are undertaken on a volunteer basis and must be mutually beneficial and agreed upon by us, the student and their academic institution.
There are no practicum placement opportunities at this time.
The Association currently has working groups that provide advice to the Executive Director:
- The Disruptive Technology Working Group helps to research and write a paper regarding the possible effects of technology change on public health.
- The Diversity Working Group provides strategic advice on strategies to build diversity in all aspects of the Association’s work.
- The Ecological Determinants of Health Working Group supports the Association in developing policy alternatives on the ecological determinants of health and providing advice on related advocacy efforts.
- The Health Equity Working Group assists in developing and implementing a health equity impact assessment tool to apply to the Association’s activities, with a particular focus on its policy and advocacy work.
- The Membership Working Group assists in mapping the way forward and identifying strategies to achieve the strategic goal of having a dynamic and engaged membership.
- The Tobacco Control Working Group provides strategic advice regarding the Association’s work in the area of tobacco control.
The Indigenous Relations Advisory Committee provides strategic advice related to how the Association can fulfill its role in addressing the historic and contemporary health inequities faced by Indigenous communities.
- Gabriella Emery
- Sheri McKinstry
- Michelle Mousseau Bailey
- Margo Greenwood, Assembly of First Nations
- Eduardo Vides, Métis National Council
CPHA Board Members (observers)
- Suzanne Jackson
- Nancy Laliberté
- Richard Musto