Infectious Disease and Climate Change Forum
The Infectious Disease & Climate Change Forum will be held virtually 5 October 2021. The Forum is a key knowledge exchange event for public health and allied health professionals, researchers, policy-makers, academics, students and trainees committed to sharing their research, best practices and policies to deal with the impacts of climate change on infectious disease in Canada.
The virtual event will deliver a scientific program featuring plenary and panel sessions on Tuesday 5 October from 11:00–16:30 (EST). Accepted submission will be presented in a dedicated stream of Public Health 2021 on Wednesday 6 October.
- Notification of results: Friday 23 July
- Registration opens: August
- Infectious Disease & Climate Change Forum: Tuesday 5 October 2021
- Public Health 2021 dedicated IDCC Stream: Wednesday 6 October 2021
The Infectious Disease & Climate Change Forum will provide participants the opportunity to:
- engage public health leaders and other partners and local organizations from within and outside the health sector;
- highlight local, regional, provincial and national level projects; and
- provide a platform for professionals and providers to discuss gaps and opportunities.
Program is subject to change. All times are Eastern Standard Time.
Tuesday 5 October
|11:00 - 12:00||
Infectious disease and climate change in Canada: An assessment of the risks to health and the health care system
|12:00 - 12:15||Break|
12:15 - 13:30
Tick and mosquito surveillance: Understanding the impact of climate change on pathogens and vectors
|13:30 - 13:45||Break|
|13:45 - 15:00||
Building the capacity of the health care system to better address climate-driven infectious diseases in Canada
|15:00 - 15:15||Break|
|15:15 - 16:15||
Accepted submission will be presented in a dedicated stream of Public Health 2021 on Wednesday 6 October.
- Each submission is reviewed and scored by at least two independent peer reviewers.
- Final acceptance will be determined by the Steering Committee.
- Symposium and Workshop submitters will be notified of the results of the peer review on or before Tuesday 20 July.
- Oral abstract submitters will be notified of the results of the peer review on or before Friday 23 July.
- All accepted presenters will be notified of the date and time of their presentation on or before Thursday 5 August.
- All presenters must register for at least one day of the conference to be included in the program. Daily presenter rates will be available.
- Pre-recorded presentations and session recordings will be available registered participants for one year post-conference. Presenters may request that the presentation/recording not be posted.