Alberta conducted community consultations and stakeholder engagement in the summer of 2017. That fall, the Alberta Cannabis Framework was developed and released for further public and stakeholder input. In November 2017, An Act to Reduce Cannabis and Alcohol Impaired Driving was passed, followed by An Act to Control and Regulate Cannabis. In April 2018, Bill 6:The Gaming and Liquor Statues Amendment Act was introduced to enable some aspects of the regulatory framework.
- Alberta’s approach to cannabis legalization
- Impaired driving law changes
- Bill 26: An Act to Control and Regulate Cannabis
- Bill 29: An Act to Reduce Cannabis and Alcohol Impaired Driving
- Bill 6: The Gaming and Liquor Statues Amendment Act
Date modified: 2018-11-21
Last modified: February 26, 2018