Public Health 2019
Public Health 2019 is the meeting place for the public health community to connect, collaborate, innovate, inspire, share and learn. It is a gathering of leaders and change agents from public, private and voluntary organizations that contribute to health and wellness. It is the largest annual public health gathering in Canada and a key knowledge exchange event.
What: Public Health 2019: The Canadian Public Health Association’s annual conference
When: Tuesday 30 April at 08:30 to Thursday 2 May at 14:00 EDT
Where: Ottawa Shaw Centre, Ottawa, Ontario (55 Colonel By Drive)
- Final Program (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- Oral Abstract Program (PDF, 0.8 MB)
- Poster Abstract Program (PDF, 0.9 MB)
- Tuesday 30 April at 08:30: Voices of Inclusion, with Vice Admiral Jerome M. Adams, United States, Surgeon General and Theresa Tam, Chief Public Health Officer, Public Health Agency of Canada. Moderated by Rosemary Barton, Co-host, The National, CBC.
- Wednesday 1 May at 08:45: Integrating Indigenous Knowledge and Values into Established Public Health Programs, with Marg Friesen, Minister of Health of Métis Nation Saskatchewan; Natan Obed, President, Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami; and Isa Wolf, Communicable Disease Control Nurse Specialist, FNHA TB Services. Moderated by Nancy Laliberté, Director, Canadian Public Health Association.
- Thursday 2 May at 08:30: The 21st Century Paradigm Shift: How Public Health is Getting Personal with Sex and Gender with Cara Tannenbaum, Scientific Director, CIHR-Institute on Gender and Health.
- Thursday 2 May at 14:30: Building Social Connections for Health and Happiness with John Helliwell, Senior Fellow, Canadian Institute for Advanced Research and Kate Mulligan, Director of Policy and Communication, Alliance for Healthier Communities. Moderated by Yan Kestens, Scientific Chair, Public Health 2019; Professeur agrégé, Département de médicine sociale et preventive, École de santé publique, l'Université de Montréal.
Plus 30 symposiums and workshops, 11 collaborator sessions, 100’s of oral abstracts, poster presentations and much more!
CPHA is pleased to host Public Health 2019 through a unique and effective collaboration with the following organizations:
Assembly of First Nations
Canadian Alliance for Regional Risk Factor Surveillance
Métis National Council
Network of Schools and Programs of Population Public Health
Ontario Public Health Association
Pan America Health Organization
Public Health Agency of Canada
Public Health Physicians of Canada
Two Forums will be held concurrently with Public Health 2019. Click on the links below for more information.