Virtual Conference Platform
CPHA will embrace existing and new technologies and present sessions June 20-22 from 11:00 - 16:30 (Eastern Daylight Time) daily.
The Virtual conference platforms will allow participants to:
- Stream live sessions and connect with speakers via online polls and live Q&A.
- Interact with other participants directly and share contact information.
- Connect with attendees, sponsors and exhibitors via 1:1 chat or video calls.
- Export session notes and contacts that participants meet in the platform.
- Take note directly in the platform to export or print following the session.
Only registered participants will have access to the virtual conference platforms, post-conference recordings, and the presentation gallery.
The only equipment necessary for participants is an electronic device with an internet connection. The virtual platform works on computers, tablets and smartphones. The platform is optimized for viewing using Chrome but will work in other browsers such as Firefox. The platforms are not compatible with Microsoft Edge.
Your internet connection needs to be at minimum, 5mb upload and 5mb download. Perform a speed test to identify your internet upload and download speeds.
The virtual conference will feature a variety of program elements. Participants will be able to ask questions and up-vote others. Presenters will be able to answer verbally during the live session.
- Plenary sessions will be live streamed and feature either a keynote address or a panel discussion with a live question and answer period.
- 60-minute interactive sessions will be live streamed and use audience engagement tools such live polling, breakout rooms, and question and answer periods to engage the audience in an interactive session.
- Oral research abstract sessions will feature five presenters, who will each deliver an eight-minute brief presentation of their work followed by a brief, moderated Q&A period.
- The ‘Present, Discuss, Connect’ format is an opportunity to highlight innovative public health policies or programs. Participants will view a 5-minute pre-recorded presentation in advance of the conference and have the opportunity to connect with presenters during a dedicated session on Thursday 22 June 2023 from 12:15 - 13:15.
As Public Health 2023 welcomes participants from all over the country, we want to ensure participants are engaged and avoid screen fatigue. Sessions are presented from 11:00-16:30 (EDT) daily.
We understand that networking is an important part of conference participation and our virtual conference platform allows for the interaction of all registered participants and presenters through the networking space. The networking space will allow participants to:
- See a list of all registered participants and initiate conversations; and
- Create a private chat with up to four other participants.